Thursday 8 January 2015

More resolutions

It seems that I might just be getting my groove, mojo, or whatever it is back for dyeing and running a crafty business.  It's been a year since I did anything much in the way of selling, and apart from one craft fair I did as a favour (it was the spinning wheel that was really wanted!) I had a very quiet Christmas season craft-wise.  Which was just what we needed.  I still have stock though, and wool and fibre waiting to be dyed, and driving back from town this morning with the hills all around me and the sun just beginning to come out I thought, I could, couldn't I?  So we'll see.

But further to my last post, there are a few other things I need to think about this year.  One is regular exercise (not easy if you can't walk or stand for long, let alone run around), making time for it and actually doing it.  Another is spinning more, and that might just run into the first one as spinning is good exercise for ankles as well as hands.  And hey, spinning as exercise?  A good reason to spin?  Yippee!  I need to try to get more rhythm to my days, weekdays particularly, that fits in resting and exercise and knitting and spinning as well as the school run and all the other stuff I do.  I don't know why it's so difficult, but it is.

Anyway, I'd better get on with it, I have a jumper to finish before the end of the cold weather, otherwise I just won't have a chance to wear it, and it is thick and heavy, perfect for the cold wet stuff we're having at the moment, plus any snow that might come our way (please let it snow this year!).  The children are back at school and really my time is my own, more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment